Official Transporter of MCACN
Sneak Peek 2014 MCACN*
Scrappy”, 1968 LeMans Corvette, Driven by David Heinz and Bob Johnson
Owner: Mike Yager
Mid America Motorworks
HERE ARE MORE REASONS TO JOIN US IN ROSEMONT NEXT WEEKEND!
There are literally hundreds of reasons to join us for the 6th Annual Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show when we descend upon Rosemont, (suburban Chicago), Illinois next weekend. Today I would like to give you ten more, and remind you to plan on bringing the whole family!
1. Over 550 of the rarest and most desirable Muscle Cars and Corvettes ever gathered under one roof. This is not bragging, this is fact! Some call it a rolling museum and Muscle Car Review magazine calls us The Pebble Beach of Muscle Cars. What this means is that we don’t have 50 really great cars and 500 that you may see at the next cruise night...we have over 500 of the best of the best!
Photo Credit : Al Rogers Freeze Frame Image LLC
2. Australian Modern Muscle; Meet John Clements, our good friend who is joining us all the way from Australia. Johns Falcon FPV landed in Long Beach, California last week after a 3-week long journey on a large ship, and it has arrived in a big orange Reliable truck at Nickey Headquaters in St. Charles! Believe me, you want to see this car and meet John!
3. Kids stuff that is 100% FREE; Yep, we didn’t forget the younger generation, and we want to help you plant the seed. We have the Revell Models Make and Take, the Hagerty Operation Ignite Youth Judging program, a multi stop Scavenger Hunt with awesome prizes, the new Hot Wheels races, and much more. We are committed to making sure the future of our hobby lives on, so bring ‘em along! Remember; kids 12 and under always get in FREE with an Adult.
4. FREE Concerts both days; Who doesn’t like Rock and Roll? Well, Saturday at 6 pm we welcome Redline 7,000 with our good friend John Kramann on guitar and vocals, and Sunday at 2 pm, we welcome legendary Chicago bluesmaster Marty “Big Dog” Mercer and his band, who will be playing some of the hottest Rock and Blues you will ever hear.
5. FREE Seminars; We have an outstanding lineup of FREE seminars covering some great subjects for all of our spectators and participants. Guest speakers include Jim Wangers, author Tom Cotter, appraisal expert Dennis Parus, PHS historian Jim Mattison, Author/Aficionado Don Keefe, Corvette expert and author Chris Petris, tire expert Rusty Small, carburetor expert Jim McGowen and Berger High Performance Manager from “back in the day”, Jim Luikens.
6. Koolestuff Muscle BIKE “show within a show.” Expanded in a major way this year, and relocated to the center hall, this is just plain old fun. Share some memories of cruisin’ on your Stingray with the younger folks!
7. Freeze Frame Image, LLC Onsite Magazine cover shoots; Al Rogers, our Official MCACN Photographer will again be onsite doing live photo shoots all weekend. We have openings now for a few more ladies, so if you would like to be considered for one of the onsite cover girl shoots with Al, enter here now
Photo Credit AL Rogers Freeze Frame Image LLC
8. Kick off your Christmas Shopping; At MCACN, you will be able to find stuff for your favorite enthusiast that you can’t find anywhere else. How about some automotive art, right from the artist! Maybe some vintage memorabilia or that long sought after Muscle Bike? And here are some more ideas; car covers, gift cards from the best parts and service suppliers, signed books, T-shirts and other wearables, including Official MCACN Gear, collectible cars in all sizes from 1/64th scale to 1:1 scale, original vintage ads, brochures and magazines and so much more. Pick up something that you cant get at the mall and make your favorite car guy or girl happy!
9. Automotive books; The only thing cooler than picking up the latest car book is getting yours personalized by the author right at our show. Check out the big Motorbooks Bookmobile by the main entrance, the CarTech display on the main aisle in the “big” room, and see Phil Borris near the first Camaro and Dr. Pete Gimenez in the Corvette Race Car display to get your books personally signed.
10. The PEOPLE; Sure...it is the cars that bring us together, but it is the people that make this event what it is. I often call our hobby “The Great Equalizer” because no matter what your bank statement says or what kind of two or four wheeled treasure you own or desire, we all share the same passion and enthusiasm. Be sure to talk to as many owners and enthusiast as you can. The real movers and shakers will be among us, and in nearly every case, we all love to tell stories...as you know, I sure do! You just might find yourself next to the owner of an ultra rare Hemi ‘Cuda or a Sebring raced vintage Corvette, or a legendary racer...
Photo Credit Tim Costello Photo Credit :Ryan Brutt
Safe Travels to all of our spectators and participants and THANKS for the continued support. Please tell a friend, or better yet...bring them along!
The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals is the world’s largest all indoor specialty show devoted to the very best Muscle Cars, Dealer-built Supercars and the rarest and finest Corvettes. The show will take place Saturday, November 22, from 9 am – 9 pm and Sunday, November 23, from